Training a Communication Manager
Ron Bolin: March 24, 2012
First let me apologize for letting things go for a couple of weeks. We all have a funk now and again, and I had mine. I trust it may not come again til the weather turns crappy again.
While trying to find out about the training required to be a Communications Manager, I ran across the following program from the Centre for Strategy and Communication in London. Take a look at the curriculum and see if this is what we want to pay $140,000+/year in perpetuity:
Training for a Communications Manager
© 2012 The Centre for Strategy and Communication, 140 Old Street, London EC1V 9BJ
Most popular Communication courses
- Assertiveness skills: a practical approach
- Event management: advanced event management
- Event management: an introduction
- Handling difficult people and situations: essential tools
- Handling the press and media: how to get your story covered
- Influencing skills
- Parliamentary lobbying
- PR strategies that work
- Presentation skills: one day course – making confident and effective presentations
- Radio and Television Interviews
I also found a program at Royal Roads in Victoria, but I couldn’t get a grip on what they were trying to communicate.
Give it some thought. There is still time to ask Council to communicate with us directly rather than through a mouthpiece.